O: Old Town


I love Old Town. This heart of historic Fort Collins was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. In 1984, Mitchell and Company began the Old Town restoration project and creation of Old Town Plaza. Most of the buildings are part of both national and locally designated historic districts, and Fort Collins was named a Preserve America city by the White House in 2005.

Old Town is my favorite place to shop, eat, and people-watch. There’s something happening all year long. Find a schedule of events here. Consider taking one of these self-guided tours.

FYI, you may have heard of the downtown blocks—for example, the Miller Block or the Avery Block. In this context, “block” refers to one building that housed multiple businesses, not what we think of as a regular city block.

















Comments

Sylvia Ney said…
I love visiting old town districts! I'm glad I found your blog. I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.
Mercy said…
I just love your idea on this blog, the 52 challenge is inspiring, I think Ill be filing the idea away until I can use it. Thanks for stopping by Mercys World.
Jenny said…
Thanks for visiting. It's fun to meet A to Z participants!

Popular Posts