Friday Find: Ready Beans

This week, I picked up a package of Ready Beans from the Wednesday Fort Collins Farmer’s Market. The beans are fully cooked and dehydrated and can be eaten either rehydrated or straight from the package. I like spicy, so I chose the Refried Pinto Beans with Jalapeno and Chili. I prepared half of the bag using the stovetop directions. The texture and spices are good, but they’re saltier than the refried beans I’m accustomed to. Next time, I might mix them with unseasoned beans.

I’m glad I still have half the bag, because the unprepared beans are great for satisfying a crunchy/spicy craving. They remind me of a cross between crisp bacon and a BBQ potato chip, but they’re healthier than both.

Ready Beans is a Fort Collins company. A package of beans serves four and costs about three bucks.




Mystery Photo:
Last week’s photo was of the ram statue at the CSU Student Center Plaza.
























Where in Fort Collins was this week's picture taken?

Comments

Popular Posts