November Hiatus

Happy November, everyone! This was the sunrise that greeted me yesterday:



A lovely way to begin the month.


The pumpkin seeds are roasted (but not burned this year),




and we have plenty of trick-or-treat candy to last us.





This is one of the best parts of the ever-expanding holiday season, when Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is not yet upon us. I refuse to begin the Christmas fun until Thanksgiving has had its due, so November for me is a time to enjoy the gifts of autumn. But because I, like everyone these days, have a long to-do list, something has to give, so I've decided to take a blogging break until December.

Enjoy the month! I hope you'll take some time for yourself in November, too. 


Comments

Janna said…
I too, try to stave off Christmastime stuff until after Thanksgiving. It's such a wonderful holiday in and of itself. Have a wonderful holiday season.
liz young said…
Beautiful sunset, lovely fruits of the earth. Happy Thanksgiving.
deathwriter said…
Beautiful picture! Enjoy your break!
liz young said…
Hi Jenny - re your question on my blog. I looked up images of Graham Crackers on Google and they don't look like digestives. Digestives - the best are McVities - are thicker than this, perhaps 3 to 1cm, and wonderful either alone or with cheese. You can also get them coated on one side with chocolate. Hobnobs are similar but richer. They crumble easily and, mixed with melted butter and a little coarse brown sugar, are a great base for cheesecake made with cream cheese, lemon and gelatin. If there's an English products shop near you, buy some - I dare you not to like them!
nope said…
That sunrise is so beautiful. November is one of the best times of the year.
Jenny said…
Thanks, all. Lizy, I'm intrigued by McVites and will try find them at my favorite specialty food shop.
Unknown said…
I hope you don't forget to wake back up!

Popular Posts