It's December!

Hello, again! Wow, November really flew by, and we're almost a week into December. I'd love to say I was super-productive during my month off, but it was pretty much business as usual for me--which means I'm still at least moderately behind in everything. I hope you all had a wonderful November and a great Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it in your neck of the woods).

December is about the only time of year when I really enjoy snow. (And this year, we desperately need the moisture.) With temperatures still in the sixties, I'm not feeling a whole lot of holiday spirit quite yet. Thank goodness there are lots of things around town to help get me in the Christmas mood. Three I've enjoyed so far:

1) The downtown lights, gorgeous as always. And this year, the company my husband works for is one of the sponsors, so they look extra nice to me.





2) Watching my fifth-grade neighbor star as Ralphie Parker in Colorado State University's production of the perennial holiday favorite, A Christmas Story. He did a great job and did not shoot his eye out :-)

3) The Jingle Ale party at Coopersmith's Pub in Old Town. Every year, the brew pub celebrates the tapping of its seasonal ale, which is flavored with lots of nice winter spices such as clove and ginger. Add in Santa, a mandolin-playing elf, and the Fort Collins Pipe Band, and it's a holiday kick-off party like no other. Cheers!






Comments

Popular Posts